From Zimbra :: Wiki
About Zimbra Gallery
Zimbra Gallery is where members of the Community can share Zimlets and Themes plus find Language packs and other tools. A person or organization wishing to submit a Zimlet, Theme, or any other type of Zimbra related add-on must have a Zimbra Forums Account.
The submitting party is given full control over licensing guidelines. Unless it is noted on the add-on description page, the products in the gallery are not under ZPL guidelines. Zimbra, Inc. does not have any responsibility or stewardship over the products listed, unless it is created by us.
It is the responsibility of the submitter to ensure that their product/add-on functions properly, and is updated regularly in the Zimbra Gallery.
A contribution agreement is not required to write an add-on or to upload an add-on to the Zimbra Gallery. After the add-on is added to the Zimbra Gallery, the add-on remains under the stewardship of the submitter. Zimbra, Inc. does not claim any rights, responsibilities, or credit for products uploaded by the community.
What You Can Contribute and Download
- Zimlets - Zimlets are 'mash-ups' that allow data services to communicate with the Zimbra Web client (view Maps, etc)
- Themes - (Specific to 4.5 only) themes are 'skins' that can be placed on the ZCS server and provide a new look and feel to ZCS web clients
- Tools - utilities for working with ZCS
- Languages - (Languages can be viewed and downloaded; there is a separate process for moderating and uploading languages. See the Translations Wiki for more information).
Note: To contribute you must sign and FAX the Zimbra contribution agreement. Also, the Zimbra team must approve all contributions.
Getting a Username and Password
- The Zimbra Gallery uses the same ID and password as the Zimbra Forums
- ID is a unique name (not an email per se) that is displayed on your Gallery and Forum submissions. We suggest using a name you are comfortable showing to the Community
- Registration is subject to the terms and conditions of the Zimbra Community
- Will I be signed into both places automatically if I have already signed into one? No. Currently we only use the same username and password but we do not support true "single sign on".
- What happens if I forget my password? An email will be sent to the email address you provided during the Community Forum registration.
- What should I do after getting my Username and Password? Fill in and FAX a contribution agreement, then feel free to log into the Admin UI.
- Can I log into the Admin UI if I have not FAX'd the agreement? No. Only those marked officially as "contributors" can visit the Gallery Admin UI.
Licenses and Contribution Agreements
The submitter is responsible for the licensing of the product. A contribution agreement is not required.
If the product uses code borrowed from a third party (such as Zimbra or Google), it is the responsibility of the submitter to properly cite and credit the original code writer and abide by their licensing guidelines.
If you feel that code you have written has been improperly used in a Zimbra Gallery product, please contact Zimbra at email@example.com
Using the Administration UI to Contribute and Manage
Do I have to log in?
Yes. In the upper right you will see links to log in and go to the admin UI. You will have to enter your Forum username and password on the log in screen.
How to add a Zimlet
When you enter the Admin UI, you will be placed in the View Products area. If you have not added any content yet, this area will be empty save for the left hand nav. To add a Zimlet simply in the left nav or top right and enter the information required about the Zimlet (name, description, a screen shot, choose an applicable category, and then the Zimlet's properties (describing how it interacts with ZCS):
- Usage - what's it do?
- Regular Expression - what strings will it recognize in a message body?
- Right Click - are there any right click behaviors enabled with it?
- Drag in Mail - Can you drag objects in Mail and have something happen?
- Drag in Contacts - Can you drag objects on Contacts and have something happen?
- Drag in Calendar - Can you drag objects in Calendar and have something happen?
- Assistant - Does it have any shortcuts that can be invoked in Assistant?
- Toolbar - Are there any toolbar buttons (eg Send Mail and Add to Salesforce)
- Preferences - Can you set preferences for the Zimlet
- Integration - Are there integrations with other data services?
- Either upload file or user external link - where does the file live?
- Select a license - pick one appropriate to your project.
Once you select Save, the new Zimlet will show up on your Product list but it is not yet live. The Zimbra Team will be notified of the upload and will then review before approving for publishing. We will contact you with any questions.
How to add a category
In the Product view you will see that you can manage "master categories". Click on this and you will see a dialog to choose new categories for the Zimlet / Theme. There is no limit to the number of categories a product can have.
How to add a Theme
This is like the Zimlet but much simpler. You can click the left or upper right nav to pull up a new Theme product. Simply write a description, choose a product screen cap, and a file location and a license type. As with Zimlets the Zimbra team will need to review before approving the post.
Using the Administration UI-- Demo
The following is a Flash video that walks through how to use the Admin UI for the Gallery. It quickly covers sign in, and loading and managing product content.