Changing the Logo and Theme Colors from the Admin Console
From Zimbra :: Wiki
|This article applies to the following ZCS versions.|
Users of the Network Edition can replace the VMware Zimbra logo with their own custom logo, and can change the color scheme of the Zimbra web interface.
Adding Your Logo
You can replace the Zimbra logo with your logo globally or on a per domain basis. Your logos must be the same size as specified here or the image may not display correctly. Note that The Zimlet icon that displays in the Advanced search toolbar and the favicon.ico that displays in the URL browser address field are not changed.
- Create versions of your logo in the following sizes:
- 300x48 pixels - for the login screen
- 200x28 pixels - for the main Zimbra interface (top left corner)
- Create a new directory for the logos:
root@server:~# su - zimbra zimbra@server:~$ mkdir /opt/zimbra/jetty/webapps/zimbra/logos
- Copy the logos into the directory created above. Make sure they are owned and readable by the zimbra user.
- Navigate to the Themes tab of either the "Global Settings" page, or of a specific Domain.
- Under "Customize the logo of the themes", add the location of the logo images as "/logos/<filename>.<extension>" Note that the URLs can also be for a remote server (of the form http://server.com/logo.jpg for example) in which case you do not need to load the logo image files onto the Zimbra server.
Changing Base Theme Colors
You can customize the color layout for the web client. You can either select colors from a color pallet table of defined colors or enter the six-digit hexadecimal color value for an exact color match. On the Domain Themes tab, you can select a color from the pallet for each of the following areas:
- Foreground, which is the text color.
- Background, which is the primary background color displayed in the client.
- Secondary, which is the color used for the toolbar and selection headers in the Navigation pane.
- Selection, which is the color displayed for a selected item such as a message, right-click, or drop down menu selection.
After changing the theme colors and saving the changes, the cache will need to be flushed to have the changes take effect.