How To Link Remote iCal Calendar
From Zimbra :: Wiki
|- This is archive documentation, which means it is not supported or valid for recent versions of Zimbra Collaboration.|
|- This article is a Work in Progress, and may be unfinished or missing sections.|
How To Link A Remote iCal (ics) Calendar Into Your Zimbra Calendar
- This will show you how to link a remote ICS calendar into your Zimbra calendar
- If you are linking your Zimbra calendar to a remote Zimbra calendar where the users share the same LDAP server, you can simply share to their email address, and it should work.
- For all other remote calendars, you must link the calendar using iCal (ics) format.
- Remote calendars that require a user/password are supported as of ZCS 4.5, implemented through these fixes:
- Construct a valid source URL for your remote calendar. Some example URL's:
http://www.blah.com/phpical/calendars/default.ics (No authenticatin required - PHP iCal server) http://zimbra.domain.com/service/home/USER1/calendar?fmt=ics (No authentication required - Unrelated Zimbra server) http://email@example.com:firstname.lastname@example.org/service/home/USER1/calendar?fmt=ics (Authentication Required - Unrelated Zimbra Server - ZCS 4.5 Only) Note: The '?fmt=ics' is required for zimbra iCal shares until bug 12373 is fixed (http://bugzilla.zimbra.com/show_bug.cgi?id=12373) Note: The '@' is a URL-encoded representation of the '@' symbol which is necessary so the server doesn't get confused with the other '@' in the URL
- In your target Zimbra calendar, right click 'calendars' and select 'New Calendar'
- Enter a Name for you new calendar
- Click the checkbox 'Synchronize appointments from remote calendar' (a new field appears for the URL)
- Now paste in the URL into the box and Click OK.
Problems? If you got any errors (URL unreachable, etc), then there is a problem with the URL or it may require authentication.
- Note: You can right-click the reload the calendar from the remote at any time. I'm not sure how long Zimbra will cache the calendar before reload.
|Verified Against: Unknown||Date Created: 12/18/2006|
|Article ID: http://wiki.zimbra.com/index.php?title=How_To_Link_Remote_iCal_Calendar||Date Modified: 03/25/2015|