Change OpenLDAP slapd Logging
From Zimbra :: Wiki
|- This is archive documentation, which means it is not supported or valid for recent versions of Zimbra Collaboration.|
|This article applies to the following ZCS versions.|
This wiki does not apply to ZCS 6.0. Ignore it if you are using ZCS 6.0.x or later.
Zimbra platform leverages powerful OpenLDAP Directory Service as identity basis for Zimbra services.
Two common things that you may want to change from default OpenLDAP slapd configuration:
- change logging location (Zimbra default: /var/log/zimbra.log).
- change slapd log level.
Changing slapd logging location
Requires two changes to (a) way zimbra starts slapd, and (b) syslog config.
1. Edit file: /opt/zimbra/bin/ldap
2. Find following line:
"sudo /opt/zimbra/openldap-2.3.21/libexec/slapd -l LOCAL0 ..."
3. Duplicate the line and comment one line (ie. add "#" to beginning -- to save original version).
4. Modify the non-commented line and remove the "-l LOCAL0" portion.
The default OpenLDAP slapd logging is to syslog facility Local4
5. Now update /etc/syslogd.conf and add following line at bottom:
6. Restart syslogd and zimbra (zmcontrol stop/start) for your changes to take affect.
Changing slapd log level
zmlocalconfig -e ldap_log_level=<number>
zmlocalconfig -e ldap_log_level=256
Note: '256' will provide insight into connections, operations, and search filters.
|Verified Against: unknown||Date Created: 10/19/2006|
|Article ID: http://wiki.zimbra.com/index.php?title=Change_OpenLDAP_slapd_Logging||Date Modified: 03/24/2015|