CLI zmrestore Network Edition only
From Zimbra :: Wiki
|This article applies to the following ZCS versions.|
The CLI command zmrestore is available only on ZCS Network Edition. For the most recent information on this CLI, including syntax and description, see ZCS Administrator's Guide Network Edition > Appendix A Command-Line Utilities.
- Bug 35278 - Beginning in ZCS 6.0, a new option --skipDeletes has been added to zmrestore. If specified, zmrestore skips over deleted operations during replay.
This tool performs full restores and incremental restores for a designated mail host. You can either specify specific accounts, or, if no accounts are specified, all accounts are in the backup are restored. In addition, you can restore to a specific point in time.
This utility has short option names and full names. The short option is preceded by a single dash, the full option is proceeded by a double dash. For example, -rf is the same as --restorefullBackupOnly.
|Long Name||Short Name||Description|
|--account||-a||<arg> Specifies the account email addresses. Separate accounts with a blank space or type all to restore all accounts.|
|--backedupRedologs Only||-br||Replays the redo logs in backup only, which excludes archived and current redo logs of the system|
|--continueOnError||-c||Continue to restore other accounts when an error occurs|
|--createAccount||-ca||Restores accounts to target accounts whose names are prepended with prefix. (Can only be used in commands that use the -pre option.)|
|--debug||-d||Display diagnostics for debugging purposes|
|--help||-h||Displays the usage options for this command|
|--ignoreRedoErrors||If true, ignore all errors during redo log replay|
|--label||-lb||<arg> The label of the full backup to restore. Restores to the latest full backup if this is omitted.|
|--prefix||-pre||<arg> The prefix to pre-pend to the original account names|
|--restoreAccount||-ra||Restores the account in directory service|
|-restoreToIncrLabel||<arg>Replay redo logs up to and including this incremental backup|
|-restoreToRedoSeq||<arg> Replay up to and including this redo log sequence|
|-restoreToTime||<arg> Replay rodo logs until this time|
|--restorefullBackup Only||-rf||Restores to the full backup only, not any incremental backups since that backup.|
|--server||-s||<arg> Mail server host name. For format, use either the plain host name or the server.domain.com name. The default is the localhost name.|
|--skipDeletes||If true, do not execute delete operation during redo log replay. See http://bugzilla.zimbra.com/show_bug.cgi?id=31824#c5 on what delete operations are.|
|--skipDeletedAccounts||Do not restore if named accounts were deleted or did not exist at backup time. (This option is always enabled with -a all)|
|--systemData||-sys||Restores global tables and local config|
|--target||-t||<arg> Specifies the backup target location. The default is <zimbra_home>/backup.|
- Perform complete restore of all accounts on server1, including last full backup and any incremental backups since last full backup.
zmrestore -a all -s server1.domain.com
- Perform restore only to last full backup, excluding incremental backups since then, for all accounts on server1.
zmrestore -rf -a all -s server1.domain.com
- Create a new account from a backup of the target account. The name of the new account will be email@example.com.
zmrestore -a firstname.lastname@example.org -ca -pre new_
- ZCS Administrator's Guide Network Edition 5.0 > Appendix A Command-Line Utilities > zmrestore
- 5.0.x Network Edition Backup and Restore
- ZCS Administrator's Guide Network Edition 4.5 > Appendix A Command-Line Utilities > zmrestore
- 4.5 Backup and Restore Documentation
- Category:Backup and Restore
- Latest Backup and Restore Documentation
- More information on the zmrestore restoreToTime option
|Verified Against: Zimbra Collaboration Suite 6.0.x||Date Created: 5/2/2006|
|Article ID: http://wiki.zimbra.com/index.php?title=CLI_zmrestore_Network_Edition_only||Date Modified: 10/16/2013|