Adding additional SMTP listener ports
From Zimbra :: Wiki
The ZCS MTA can be configured to accept mail traffic on additional SMTP service ports. This means more than one TCP port can be used to bind to the SMTP daemon.
For ZCS servers listening on the default port of 25, /opt/zimbra/postfix/conf/master.cf.in contains this line:
smtp inet n - n - - smtpd
To add an additional listener port of 2525, insert the the following after the above:
2525 inet n - n - - smtpd
Then, restart the MTA:
# su - zimbra # zmmtactl stop # zmmtactl start
- As of ZCS v4.0.x, the default Zimbra postfix config does not have TLS enabled on separate port. If you want postfix to listen on different port for TLS (ie. SMTPS, as defined in /etc/services -- port #465), you'll need the comment out the line beginning with "smtps ...." in /opt/zimbra/postfix/conf/master.cf.
smtps inet n - n - - smtpd -o smtpd_tls_wrappermode=yes -o smtpd_sasl_auth_enable=yes
NOTE - that's TWO lines, and the second line MUST begin with whitespace
- Do not attempt to bind to ports in use by other applications. This will cause the MTA or other application to fail.
- Backup /opt/zimbra/postfix/master.cf before an upgrade. Changes made to master.cf should only be applied to the current distribution after upgrading.
- Any changes to Postfix 'master.cf' will require restart steps detailed above.
- There was a recent change that included master.cf.in. Any permanent changes should be made to the master.cf.in file.
|Verified Against: unknown||Date Created: 07/17/2006|
|Article ID: http://wiki.zimbra.com/index.php?title=Adding_additional_SMTP_listener_ports||Date Modified: 08/5/2009|